The National Centre for Excellence in the Teaching of Mathematics (NCETM) and Maths Hubs provide free maths-specific professional development for teachers and teaching assistants in all phases from Early Years to post-16. There are 40 Maths Hubs across England, serving all state-funded primary and secondary schools. If you are not yet working with your local Maths Hub, find out which hub it is. A Maths Hub’s work takes place across the whole of the region it serves; local Work Groups and other CPD opportunities are available in a wide variety of settings and locations, not simply at the Lead School.
Why engage with your local Maths Hub?
If a teacher or TA in your school takes part in professional development through your local Maths Hub in the form of a network collaborative project, they will benefit from:
- Ongoing CPD which they can implement in the classroom; not just a ‘one-off’ course
- Expert input and guidance
- Peer-to-peer support and learning
- Access to a wide range of high-quality online resources
- Being part of a national programme exploring a current issue in maths teaching