Assistant Director (AMSP-NCETM Link Coordinator)
- Annual salary is in the range £47k to £51k FTE
- Fixed term until 31 July 2022
- Home based with frequent travel
Tribal’s vision is to empower the world of education and we make it our mission to provide the software and services which underpin student success. Education Services, a division of Tribal, provides services which are designed to stimulate and accelerate educational improvement.
The National Centre for Excellence in the Teaching of Mathematics (NCETM) is a contract managed by Tribal’s Education Services on behalf of the DfE, with MEI as a key partner.
The AMSP-NCETM Link Coordinator is a role which is vital to ensuring that the range of Level 3 professional development offered across the two organisations is coherent.
The new team member will help enhance both the AMSP’s and the NCETM’s capacity to support the teaching of Level 3 maths in secondary schools and colleges and will be a member of teams within both organisations, including the AMSP’s Programme Lead and Priority Area Lead, and reporting to the NCETM’s Secondary Director.
The post holder’s work will support the AMSP’s aims to increase participation in Core Maths, AS/A level Mathematics and Further Mathematics, and improve the teaching of these Level 3 maths qualifications.
- Contributing to the planning and development of the AMSP’s work through active membership of the AMSP’s sub-teams, working closely with colleagues to support the work of the AMSP, including contributing to the delivery of events and other activity.
- Gathering and disseminating information on provision for Level 3 mathematics, examples of good practice, in order to support schools and colleges to improve participation in Level 3 mathematics.
- Building strategic relationships with key stakeholders to support engagement strategies and the overall aims of the AMSP and NCETM, particularly within the Secondary and Post-16 communities.
- Providing direction and development for Maths Hubs Leadership Teams in order to implement coherent national professional development activities.
- Liaising with Regional Leads and Project Managers for the AMSP and the NCETM to ensure consistency and alignment of the programmes’ activities.
- Providing oversight, direction and support for the AMSP’s and Maths Hubs' collaborative Level 3 mathematics professional development programmes.
- Convening and directing the work of the regional Level 3 Coordination Groups which have membership from both the AMSP and the NCETM.
- Monitoring and instigating communications with teachers, including ensuring that website content aligns and is relevant and accessible to teachers.
- Keeping abreast of changes in the national participation and provision for post-16 mathematics, including policy changes, and ensuring these are effectively shared with colleagues and incorporated as appropriate into strategic and operational plans.
- Contributing to the overall profile, development and evaluation of the AMSP and the NCETM.
What you can bring
The ideal candidates will have a background in teaching mathematics, particularly at Level 3, and will have a good understanding of effective professional development practices. They will have successful experience of leading professional development and will have held leadership roles within an educational setting.
Candidates will have strong interpersonal skills which enable them to work effectively with a wide range of colleagues, and excellent communication skills. They will be able to work independently, have a professional approach, an ability to think analytically and to use initiative to overcome challenges.
So, if you have widely-recognised specialist mathematics professional development expertise, deep mathematics subject knowledge, and a record of successful Level 3 mathematics teaching we’d love to hear from you.
What Tribal can offer
Along with a competitive salary plus benefits such as life assurance, pension, private medical insurance and a healthcare cashplan, we offer a friendly and supportive working environment.
Tribal is an equal opportunity employer.
The closing date for applications is 10 May 2021 at midday.
Interviews will take place on 19 and 25 May 2021.
Please complete the simple application form and attach your CV and a covering letter.