- Published: 11/02/2021
Steph Elliot is Year 6 teacher and Maths Lead at a one-form entry school in Newcastle. When the country went into lockdown in January 2021, the school started to provide half an hour live input for each class every day. Steph talks about the advantages and difficulties of teaching live online lessons and shares some resources she has created. She also talks about her involvement with Maths Hub CPD through this period.
Taking part in the discussion are:
- Steph Elliot: Year 6 teacher and Maths Lead at a primary school in Newcastle
- Gwen Tresidder: NCETM Communications Manager
- 00:56 – Steph’s school’s remote provision
- 03:06 – Live lessons in maths
- 07:54 – Successful lesson resources
- 09:44 – Supporting parents
- 13:06 – Pros and cons of live lessons
- 16:13 – Engaging in Maths Hub CPD at this time
Steph tweets as @eenalol and has a blog: A little but a lot where you can find the resources she has created, and a variety of journals and blogs. The ‘Among Us’ resource that she mentions in the interview is posted on 28 January (2021) and the February maths calendar is posted on 26 January (2021).
During the interview, Steph mentions the following: