- Published: 21/05/2020
Nick Edwards reflects on how his experience of supporting students through the Grenfell tragedy informed his school’s decision to provide regular video lessons for classes during the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic.
We hope that this interview, and others, will generate ideas and allow listeners to reflect on their own practice, remembering that different contexts require different approaches.
Taking part in the discussion, recorded on 19 May 2020, are:
- Nick Edwards: Director of Maths working in a secondary school in West London
- Gwen Tresidder: NCETM Communications Manager
- 00:06 – Introduction, and Nick’s new working week
- 02:12 – How Nick’s department prepared for remote teaching
- 06:06 – Mix of recorded and streamed videos/lessons?
- 07:11 – Description of school
- 08:57 – Level of student engagement
- 11:17 – Plans for helping kids who haven’t been engaging
- 12:36 – Thoughts about re-opening
- 13:44 – Has the Grenfell fire experience helped?