- Published: 15/05/2020
The fourth of our conversations exploring how schools and teachers are managing the challenges of providing remote learning in maths, supporting students and looking after their own wellbeing during the 2020 COVID-19 school closures.
We hope that this interview, and others, will generate ideas and allow you to reflect on your own practice, remembering that different contexts will require different approaches.
Taking part in the discussion, recorded on 13 May 2020, are:
- Dan Poulson, secondary head of maths at a rural 11-16 school in Lincolnshire
- Gwen Tresidder, NCETM Communications Manager
- 00:06 – Introduction, and Dan’s new working week
- 02:21 – How Dan’s department prepared for remote teaching
- 03:46 – Which resources Dan is using
- 04:16 – Description of Dan’s school
- 09:16 – Plans for after May half-term break
- 10:31 – Thoughts about students coming back into school
- 13:56 – What Dan has learnt during this phase of school closures
Dan mentions these three websites, used by his department
Dan tweets as @dan_poulson.