- Published: 27/09/2023
Find out about the benefits of getting involved in the work of your local Maths Hub as a participating school, but also what the impact is of having some of your staff become Local Leaders of Maths Education (LLME).
A transcript (PDF) of this episode is available to download.
Taking part in the discussion:
- Sarah Smith, Headteacher Advocate and Executive Headteacher at St Cuthbert's Catholic Academy and Christ the King Catholic Academy in Blackpool
- Gabriella May, Primary Mastery Specialist, LLME, head of maths, and teacher at St Cuthbert's Catholic Academy in Blackpool
- Rebecca Longworth, Communications Manager at the NCETM.
- 00.07 – Introduction
- 02.40 – The school's mastery journey and the benefit to pupils
- 06.38 – Hosting Mastering Number showcase sessions
- 09.02 – The impact on your school when a teacher becomes an LLME
- 12.12 – What an LLME does and how you can balance the commitment with your classroom teaching role
- 17.16 – The benefit to your school in having an LLME
- 20.00 – Advice for schools and teachers