- Published: 30/04/2021
The NCETM is running a series of six twilight online events in late May/early June 2021 to suggest ways for secondary maths departments to prioritise curriculum areas for Key Stage 3 in the next school year. The sessions will draw heavily on the NCETM’s Mastery Professional Development Materials and be led in part by school-based, Maths Hubs Mastery Specialists.
The six sessions will take place in the last fortnight of May and second week of June, each one split into two 45-minute sections: 3:45 to 4:30 pm and 4:45 to 5:30 pm. Each session will concentrate on an overriding theme of the Key Stage 3 curriculum. Click/tap REGISTER adjacent to the session(s) you wish to attend.
- 18 May – The structure of the number system
- 19 May – Operating on number
- 26 May – Geometry
- 27 May – Statistics and probability
- 8 June – Sequences and graphs
- 9 June – Multiplicative reasoning.
In each of the sessions, the presenters will:
- explore the unifying core concepts that make up the theme, and consider which elements are critical to recovering learning
- discuss students’ difficulties and misconceptions and how to address them
- hear from Mastery Specialists about classroom strategies and approaches they have used
- consider materials and resources to take participants’ thinking further.
In the second 45-minute section, there will be opportunities for participants, via the Chat function, to ask questions.
These sessions are for teachers, trainees and other maths professionals in England only.
NB: Registering entails providing us with your email address. If you’d like to see how the NCETM’s parent organisation, Tribal, uses and protects such personal information, please read the Privacy Notice.